Associate Professor and Researcher at the Department of Exact and Earth Sciences, at the Federal University of São Paulo – UNIFESP-DIADEMA, working in the Undergraduate Course in Science – Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics, since 2010. Coordinator of the group of History of Science in Scientific Education at UNIFESP. She is currently a permanent advisor in the Graduate Program in Science and Mathematics Teaching (PECMA), at UNIFESP, and a punctual advisor in the Interunits Graduate Program in Science Teaching (PIEC) at USP. She develops research involving interfaces between the History of Science, Scientific Education, and Teacher Education. Bachelor’s in Physics and Master’s in History of Science from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP) and Ph.D. in Education from the Faculty of Education of the University of São Paulo (USP). She held a postdoctoral degree at the Institute of Biosciences at USP and the Interunits Graduate Program in Science Teaching (USP). She was co-founder, in 2009, of Prometeica Revista de Filosofia y Ciencia, acting as adjunct editor between 2010 and 2019.
- FORATO, Thaís Cyrino de Mello. História e natureza das ciências: elementos implementados na formação de professores. In: Ana Silva; Breno Moura. (Org.). Objetivos humanísticos, conteúdos científicos: contribuições da história e da filosofia da ciência para o ensino de ciências. 1ed.Campina Grande: EdUEPB, 2019, v. 1, p. 227-263.
- FORATO, Thaís Cyrino de Mello. Isaac Newton and the hidden forces in Univeral Gravitation: Delimiting na Approach for teacher Training. In: Maria Elice de Brzezinski Prestes ; Cibelle Celestino Silva,. (Org.). Teaching Science with Context Historical, Philosophical, and Sociological Approaches.. 1ed.New York/Heidelgerg: Springer, 2018, v. 1, p. 293-311.
- FORATO, Thaís Cyrino de Mello; Bagdonas, Alexandre.. A Proposal for overcoming obstacles to teaching nature of science: Evaluating a History of High School Cosmology Course. In: Maurício Pietrocola; Ivã Gurgel. (Org.). Crossing the Border of Traditional Science Curriculum: innovative teaching and learning in Science Basic Education. 1ed.Boston: Sense Publisher, 2017, v. 1, p. 181-206.
- FORATO, Thaís Cyrino de Mello; Martins, Roberto de Andrade; Pietrocola, Maurício.. History and Nature of Science in High School: Building Up Parameters to Guide Educational Materials and Strategies. Science & Education (Dordrecht) , v. 21, p. 657-682, 2012.
- FORATO, Thaís Cyrino de Mello; Pietrocola, Maurício; Martins, Roberto de Andrade. Historiografia e Natureza da Ciência na sala de aula. Caderno Brasileiro de Ensino de Física, v. 28, p. 27-59, 2011.